Before You Begin
Cisco Jabber is a client application which allows you to access presence, instant messaging, voice communications, and people search.
The instructions below explain how to configure Cisco Jabber to be used in conjunction with your Cisco IP phone.
Install and Configure Cisco Jabber
To install and configure Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Download Cisco Jabber and install it.
- Launch Cisco Jabber after you've finished installing it.
- To use Cisco Jabber from off campus, you must first connect through VPN.
- For more information, refer to 1276: Overview of VPN.
- Log in with your ULID and password.
- If you have problems logging in, verify your connection settings.
- Click File > Change connection settings... and verify the following:
- For Server type:, select Cisco Unified Presence.
- For Login server:, select Use the following server:
- In the Server address: box, enter
- In the Domain: box, enter
- Click Save and try logging in again.
- After logging in, click File > Options.
- Put a check mark next to the option, Automatically start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts.
- Click Phone accounts on the left.
- Enter your ULID and password under both Phone services and Voicemail.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Click the icon in the lower-right corner of the Cisco Jabber window and select Use my phone for calls.
Cisco Jabber is now configured for use with your Cisco IP phone.