When you connect to "isunet" or "isu-resnet" wireless on campus using Windows XP, you receive the following persistent pop-up message:
Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for connection to the network isunet.
You receive this message even after entering your ULID and password correctly.
This behavior occurs when duplicates of an Entrust certificate exist in Windows XP and the operating system is unable to utilize the correct one.
To resolve this problem, you must remove the duplicate Entrust certificates through Certificate Manager in Windows XP. After doing so, your computer will prompt you to log in the next time you connect to "isunet" or "isu-resnet."
Removing Duplicate Entrust Certificates in Windows XP
To remove duplicate Entrust certificates in Windows XP, do the following:
- Click Start > Run.
certmgr.mscand press Enter.
- This will launch the Certificate Manager.
- Within the Certificate Manager, go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- On the right, locate Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048).
- You will most likely see two or three duplicate copies of Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048). You must determine which copy to keep and delete the others. To determine which Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) you should keep, look at the expiration date which is displayed in the third column.
- Keep the Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) that has an expiration date of 3/23/2019.
- Delete any duplicate copies of Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) that have a different expiration date.
- To delete a duplicate copy of Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) with an incorrect expiration date, right-click on it and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.
- Repeat these steps to delete all duplicate copies of Entrust Certification Authority (2048) until you have only one that has an expiration date of 3/23/2019.
- Close the Certificate Manager.
The next time your computer is in range of the "isunet" or "isu-resnet" wireless network, you will be prompted to enter your ULID and password to connect.