Your ULID Account
All students, faculty, staff, and retirees at Illinois State University are granted a University Login ID (ULID) account when they join the University.
Your ULID account gives you access to the following:
- Email & Exchange
- Personal blog
- Software downloads
- Logging on to campus computers
You might use your ULID to log in to other systems as well, including anything that uses CentralLogin for authentication.
Activate Your ULID Account
Before you can use your ULID account, you must activate it. As a new member of Illinois State University, you can activate your account once you officially join the University.
- New Student - New students can activate their ULID accounts after they have been accepted to the University by the Office of Admissions. After activating your account, you can log in to My.IllinoisState.edu to register for classes.
- New Faculty and Staff - New faculty and staff can activate their ULID accounts after being hired by the University and the necessary paperwork has been completed by Human Resources.
For more information, refer to:
- 1021: How do I activate my ULID account?
- 1124: What are the prerequisites for activating a ULID account?
- 1182: How long do I keep my ULID account after leaving the University?
Your ULID is based on your full name as follows:
- First initial, middle initial, and first five characters of your last name
- To help keep your ULID unique, it might have a number at the end
- Example: Reggie R. Redbird's ULID is rrredbi
- Example: Raymond R. Redbird's ULID is rrredb2
In special cases, such as when your legal name changes or when your ULID spells an offensive word, you are allowed to request a ULID change.
Don't confuse your ULID with your UID number. Your ULID is your user name and the first part of your email address. Your UID number (University ID number) is used in place of your Social Security number for all internal business at Illinois State.
When you activate your ULID account, you are required to set a password.
Your password will expire every 60 days. You will receive email notifications before your password expires. Once your password expires, you are locked out of IMAP email, but you can still use the password to log on to campus computers. You must change your password to renew it.
Your Security Questions
When you activate your ULID account, you are required to set two security questions. In the event that you forget your password or have problems logging in, you can recover your account by providing some information about yourself and by correctly answering one of your security questions.
How to Get Help
If you have problems or questions about your ULID or password, contact the University Computer Help Desk at 309-438-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.