Before You Begin
For best results, please update iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad to the latest version. For more information, refer to Apple's support article, iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch software.
If you have more than one contacts list on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you can specify one of your contacts lists to be the default. When you create a new contact on your device, it will be placed on the default contacts list.
Set a Default Contacts List on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
To set a default contacts list on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, do the following:
- Press Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Locate the section labeled Contacts.
- Press Default Account.
- If you do not see Default Account in the Contacts section, then your device has only one contacts list.
- Select the account you want to set as the default contacts list for your device.
- Press Mail... at the top of the screen to return to the previous page.
Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad is now configured with the default contacts list you specified. When you create a new contact, it will automatically be added to the default contact list.
If you have chosen your Exchange account to be your default contact list, then when you create a new contact on your device, it will also be added to Exchange.