Before You Begin
Illinois State University blog accounts run on WordPress, a popular blogging platform. These blogs can be exported to XML (Extensible Markup Language) files. XML files allow users to both save the contents of their blog and import the blog's posts, comments, and more, to a separate blog.
Once exported, content from other blogging sites, such as Blogger, LiveJournal, and others, can also be imported to http://my.ilstu.edu/blogs/.
Exporting Your Blog
To export your University blog, do the following:
- Go to http://my.ilstu.edu/blogs/.
- Log in to your blog with your ULID and password.
- Click Export on the left side of the page under Tools.
- If you have several blog contributors, you can customize whose posts will be exported to this file. In the Restrict Author drop-down box, do one of the following:
- Select the author whose posts you would like to export.
- Select All Authors to export all posts.
- Click Download Export File.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select Save File.
Your blog has been successfully exported and saved to an XML file on your computer.
- 1516: Overview of personal blogs
- 1603: Importing to personal blog from WordPress, LiveJournal, or Blogger