Before You Begin
Before you can access restricted resources from off campus, you must establish a VPN connection. This article describes how to download and install the VPN profile for Mac OS X 10.6.
Install VPN Profile
To install the VPN profile for Mac OS X 10.6, do the following:
- Download the VPN profile for Mac OS X 10.6.
- After downloading it, the disk image named ISU VPN will automatically open.
- If it does not open automatically, double-click on the vpnprofile_snowleopard.dmg file. Then double-click ISU VPN to open the disk image.
- Double-click ISU VPN.networkConnect to install the VPN profile. The Network window will open.
- Enter your ULID in the Account Name: box where it says [ULID Here].
- Verify that the Password: box says Server will prompt for password.
- Click the Apply button.
The VPN profile for Illinois State University is now installed. To learn how to connect using the VPN profile, refer to 1534: Connecting with VPN using Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, and Mac OS X 10.8.