Before You Begin
It is usually unnecessary to configure Mac OS X 10.6 for "isunet." Instead, you may be able to simply connect to "isunet" and your computer will handle the rest. For more information, refer to 1542: Connecting to "isunet" wireless on Mac OS X 10.6.
If you have problems connecting to "isunet," you may want to configure it with the appropriate settings. Follow these instructions to automatically configure your Mac OS X 10.6 computer for access to "isunet" wireless.
To complete these instructions, you must be in a location where "setup-isunet" and "isunet" are available. For more information on the availability of "isunet," refer to 1187: Overview of wireless access at Illinois State University.
Following these instructions will automatically configure your computer to use WPA2 with PEAP authentication. This process will also change your computer's trust setting for the root Entrust (2048) security certificate so it's set to "Always trust."
Automatically configuring your Mac OS X 10.6 computer for "isunet" wireless access is easy. These simple instructions give you the basics. Detailed instructions are available below in case you need them.
- Connect to "setup-isunet" on your Mac OS X 10.6 computer.
- Open a web browser, like Safari or Firefox.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Your computer will be automatically configured for "isunet" wireless access. When the configuration is done, you will automatically be switched over to the "isunet" wireless network.
To automatically configure your computer to connect to "isunet," connect to "setup-isunet" first. Do the following:
- Click on the wireless symbol on the menu bar. This is the AirPort menu.
- If it's not already on, click Turn AirPort On.
- Select setup-isunet from the list of available wireless networks in the AirPort menu.
- After you are connected, launch a web browser, such as Safari or Firefox. You will automatically be taken to the XpressConnect web page.
- If you are not automatically taken to the XpressConnect web page, try browsing to an off-campus website like http://www.google.com. You should be redirected to the XpressConnect web page.
- Put a check mark in the box labeled I accept the terms of the End-User License Agreement.
- Click Start.
- Click Allow when you see the message that says, The application "XpressConnect" from "www.helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu" is requiring unrestricted access to your computer.
- An XpressConnect window will open.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your ULID and password.
- Click Continue.
- XpressConnect will automatically configure your computer and switch it over to the "isunet" wireless network.
You are now connected to "isunet," and you can browse the Web, check email, etc.