Before You Begin
You can embed audio and video into posts on your personal blog at Illinois State. Embedded audio and video files are actually hosted on another web server, but appear on your blog posts.
You can add streaming audio and video to your personal blog if it is hosted on a website like YouTube. You need to know the web address of the audio or video file you want to add before you can embed it on your personal blog.
You can also add streaming audio and video to your personal blog from the campus media streaming server. For more information on the media streaming server, including instructions on requesting access, refer to 1563: Overview of media streaming server.
Embed Audio/Video on Your Personal Blog
There are two steps to embedding audio or video on your personal blog. You must copy the web address of the audio or video you want to embed. Then you must paste that web address into the anarchymedia.media plug-in on your personal blog.
Copy the Web Address for Audio/Video From a Website
If you want to embed audio or video which is already available on a website (like YouTube), just locate the web page and copy the web address.
To copy the web address for audio/video you want to add to your personal blog, do the following:
- Browse to the website that is hosting the streaming audio/video you want to embed on your personal blog.
- Copy the web address for that web page.
- To do this, highlight the entire web address at the top of your browser window.
- Then right-click on the highlighted text and select Copy.
- Now you need to paste that web address into the anarchymedia.media plug-in on your personal blog.
- Do not copy any other files, text, or pictures until you complete the next step.
Paste the Web Address into Anarchymedia.media Plug-in
To paste the audio or video web address on your personal blog, do the following:
- Go to http://my.ilstu.edu/blogs/.
- Click Log in and enter your ULID and password to log in to your personal blog.
- Click Add New under Posts on the left side of the page to create a new post.
- Click the anarchymedia.media icon, which looks like a yellow circle with an A inside it. This icon is located above the post message body text box.
- When you click this icon, a pop-up window will appear.
- Paste the web address into the pop-up window where it says, Enter your player url here.
- To do this, delete the text that says, Enter your player url here.
- Then right-click in the text box and select Paste.
- Click OK.
- Complete the post.
- Give your post a title.
- Write any comments about the audio or video you embedded.
- Add more embedded audio or video.
- Click Publish.
The embedded audio or video will appear on your personal blog.