When you try to visit web pages in Internet Explorer 6, you receive the error, "The Web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page, click Connect." When you try to connect, you get an error, "Unable to establish a connection."
To resolve this problem, make sure Internet Explorer is set to never dial a connection.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet Options....
- Click the Connections tab.
- Select Never dial a connection.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Open the File menu.
- If there is a check mark next to Work Offline, click Work Offline to remove the check mark.
You may now browse the Web with Internet Explorer.