To delete email using Thunderbird, follow the directions below.
- Within Thunderbird, find a message you want to delete.
- Click once on the message you would like to delete. This will highlight the message.
- Do one of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the message and select Delete Message.
- Click the Delete button within the message pane.
- When you delete a message, it is moved to the Trash folder.
- To empty your Trash, click File > Empty Trash.
- This will permanently remove all messages currently in your Trash folder.
- Messages in your Trash folder will be automatically purged after 30 days.
- 1199: Automatic removal of deleted emails and spam emails
Here are a few tips:
- To delete multiple messages, hold down the Ctrl key and click on additional messages you want deleted.
- To delete a block of multiple messages, click once on the first message you would like deleted. Hold down the Shift key and click on the last message of the block of messages you would like deleted. This will highlight all messages between the two selected messages so that you can delete all highlighted messages at once.
- Do not use your Trash folder to store messages you want to keep.