Before You Begin
Your ULID password is used to access most online services and systems at Illinois State University. You are required to change your password every 60 days. You will receive email notifications informing that you need to change your password by a certain date. If you fail to change your password by such a date, your password will expire.
You can change your password even if it is expired. When your password expires, it locks you out of IMAP email, but you can still use an expired password to log on to campus computers and websites that use CentralLogin. The instructions below apply even when your password is expired.
Change Your Password
To change your ULID password, do the following:
- Go to http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/.
- Click Account Management.
- If you are not already logged in, click log in to manage your account and sign in to CentralLogin.
- Important: You can log in even if your password is expired.
- Can't sign in? If you are unable to log in, click Can't Sign In? on the CentralLogin page to recover your account.
- Click Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Your new password can be between 8 and 50 characters. You are encouraged to create a passphrase (a long password) with spaces. Your password must contain at least one number and one letter.
- Click Change Password.
You can use your new password immediately for most services. It may take up to 10 minutes before you can use the new password to check email.