Before You Begin
If you forget your password or have problems logging in, you have a few options.
- Expired Password — When your password expires, it locks you out of IMAP email. However, you can still log in to most other online services at Illinois State University, including CentralLogin. You can change your password, even if it is expired. This will renew the password for 60 days and will let you back into email.
- Account Recovery — If you forget your password or have problems signing in, you can recover your account by providing some information about yourself and by correctly answering one of your security questions. You are allowed to set a new password as part of the account recovery process.
- Password Reset — You can have your password reset by bringing your Redbird Card to the Technology Support Center office in Julian Hall 150 or to the TechZone Service Center on the second floor of the Bone Student Center.
Each of these options is discussed in more detail below.
Even if your password is expired, you can use it to log in to ULID Account Management on the Support Center website. Once logged into Account Management, you can change your password to something new. This will renew the password for 60 days and will allow you back into your email.
If you forget your password or have problems logging in to ULID Account Management to change your password, you can recover your account. This process requires you to provide information about yourself and to correctly answer one of your security questions.
To recover your ULID account, do the following:
- Go to http://supportcenter.illinoisstate.edu.
- Click Account Management.
- If you are not already logged in, click log in to manage your account and try signing in to CentralLogin.
- If you are unable to log in, click Can't Sign In? on the CentralLogin page.
- If you are able to log in, then you can change your password rather than going through account recovery.
- Fill out the form and click Continue.
- Your ULID is the first part of your email address.
- Your University ID Number is printed on the front of your Redbird Card.
- Answer your security question and click Verify Answer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. After failing to answer your security questions correctly too many times, you will be locked out of the account recovery process for a period of time. Details will be provided to you on-screen.
- If you answer your security question correctly, you will be prompted to set a new password. Enter your new password twice and click Update Password.
- Your new password can be between 8 and 50 characters.
- Your password must contain at least one number and one letter.
- You are encouraged to create a passphrase (a long password) with spaces.
You can have your password reset by bringing your Redbird Card to either the Support Center office in Julian Hall 145 or the TechZone Service Center on the second floor of the Bone Student Center.
- Important: You must present your Redbird Card to have your password reset.
Your password will be reset to a temporary password, which you must then change to something personal and secret. The Support Center or TechZone will assist you in doing so before you leave that location.