Before You Begin
If you forget your password or have problems logging in, you have a few options.
- Expired Password — When your password expires, it locks you out of IMAP email. However, you can still log in to most other online services at Illinois State University, including CentralLogin. You can change your password, even if it is expired. This will renew the password for 180 days and will let you back into email.
- Account Recovery — If you forget your password or have problems signing in, you can recover your account by providing some information about yourself and by correctly answering your security questions. You are allowed to set a new password as part of the account recovery process.
- Password Reset — You can have your password reset by bringing your Redbird Card to the Technology Support Center office in Julian Hall 145 or to the TechZone Service Center on the second floor of the Bone Student Center.
Each of these options is discussed in more detail below.
Even if your password is expired, you can use it to log in to ULID Account Management on the Support Center website. Once logged into Account Management, you can change your password to something new. This will renew the password for 180 days and will allow you back into your email.
If you forget your password or have problems logging in to ULID Account Management to change your password, you can recover your account. This process requires you to provide information about yourself and to correctly answer your security questions.
To recover your ULID account, do the following:
- Go to http://supportcenter.illinoisstate.edu.
- Click Account Recovery.
- If you are redirected to the main Technology Support Center website instead of the Forgot My Password page, you need to reactivate your ULID account in the new system.
- On the Forgot My Password page, enter your ULID and birthdate. Click Continue.
- On the Security Questions page, answer the three security questions that you have previously set. When you have answered them, click Continue.
- If you are unable to correctly answer the security questions, see the section below, entitled Password Reset.
- On the Set Password page, enter your new password twice, and then click Continue.
- The Password Requirements are listed on the right side of the page.
- You can click the star (*) button next to each password field to see the characters you've entered.
- On the Complete page, you should see a message stating "Account Recovery Complete. Your account has been recovered successfully. Complete propagation of changes my take a few minutes. You may now close this window."
You can have your password reset by bringing your Redbird Card to either the Support Center office in Julian Hall 145 or the TechZone Service Center on the second floor of the Bone Student Center.
- Important: You must present your Redbird Card to have your password reset.
Your password will be reset to a temporary password, which you must then change to something personal and secret. The Support Center or TechZone will assist you in doing so before you leave that location.