RSS, or Really Simple Syndication, is a web-based news feed format designed for sharing headlines. The University Computer Help Desk offers several RSS feeds for important information on the Help Desk website, as well as for important Tech Alerts that affect Illinois State University.
RSS Feeds Offered
- Tech Alerts - http://alerts.illinoisstate.edu/xml/
- Help Desk News - http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/xml/news/
- Help Desk Popular Articles - http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/xml/populararticles/
- Help Desk Top Downloads - http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/xml/topdownloads/
Using RSS Feeds on Your Website
Examples of use
Currently, the Tech Alerts RSS feed is being used by the following University websites:
- RedbirdMail - http://redbirdmail.illinoisstate.edu
- College of Arts & Sciences - http://www.casit.ilstu.edu
The following technical information may assist you in engineering your own RSS solution. The RSS feeds provided on the Help Desk website and the Tech Alerts website use the following:
- XML 1.0 specification, as published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- RSS 2.0 standard
- Atom 1.0 namespace
Website administrators who need assistance engineering RSS solutions may contact Institutional Web Support (IWSS) at (309)438-8835 and email@example.com.